Friday, June 8, 2012

C4T 1

Post 1: John Mikulski’s first post was about an online PD conference that he has coming up.  He was selected to be one out of eighteen educators at this online conference, PD in your PJs.
Comment 1: I congratulated him and introduced myself.  I told him that this online conference was a good example of how technology is changing and that I know even after I graduate PD will still be a priority of mine.  
Post 2: His second post was about how teachers can influence their students at any time.  He posted a copy of a poem he wrote in the 7th grade and the comments his teacher left.  His teacher asked if someone else had written the poem because it sounded very mature.  Dr. Mikulski has not forgotten this and wants everyone to remember that teachers are here to influence, but you don’t know how or when it will happen.
Comment 2: I explained that though I am not yet a teacher, I have still had experiences with this as a student.  I am going to remember this and try not to discourage my students and accuse them of something they did wrong.     

2 comments:

  1. Did you accept his offer to contribute to his research. He interview me for his podcast last semester. You should follow him on twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did accept his offer. I was a member of his panel for the PD in Your Pjs virtual conference.

    ReplyDelete