Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Blog Post 8

pencil crossed out

This Is How We Dream


Most of us have grown up writing with pencils and paper and researching in the library.  This is how my schooling was.  Schools of the future will have their workspace, which will be the desktop.  This is very exciting.

When it wasn’t until I got to high school that teachers started trying to incorporate computers and technology into the classroom.  By incorporating technology, all they did was require that we type our papers and then turn them in.  Now students even at a young age will be to write with multimedia.  Also, students will be able to find their information on the web rather than in the library. 

As a future educator I need to be prepared to write with multimedia.  I am no expert at it, but it is my job as a future educator to understand it to my fullest so I will be able to better educate my students.  These are tools that students will learn and work with in school and I must be on top of it.  The only way for students to learn to write with multimedia is by having a teacher who understands how to write with multimedia. 


I really loved Carly Pugh’s blog post 12.  It is quite obvious that she put a lot of time and effort into this.  Her playlist idea was a great idea.  Videos can be very inspirational.  Having student create these playlists themselves could be very beneficial and also requires them to find information on the internet. 

I really liked that she made her own playlist.  I also believe that teachers should teach by example.  She was a great example.


These two videos were great.  The Chipper Series started off with a girl who couldn’t stop procrastinating.  She then drops out and has job trouble.  She then becomes a student who works hard.  This video is an example of how important hard work is and that procrastination gets you nowhere.  EDM 310 for Dummies is a book that students are trying to sell.  It is a book with tips on how to get an A in EDM 310.  All of the tips have to do with using the tools that are provided for us.  If we just use what is provided for us and try not to get overwhelmed we will succeed in this class. Also as the Chipper Series had addressed we must not procrastinate and get our work done in a timely manner. 

These are both great videos that were not only informative, but fun to watch.  I would like to create videos similar to these.  No matter what message I am trying to get across, I hope it will be entertaining and fun to watch. 


This video really has some interesting points.  Children really do grow up using technology for their social networks.  Also most kids, today, have a cellphone or iPod of some sort.  However, all of these things are banned in the classroom. Today, technology is something that kids grow up with and can be used to better education.  As it was mentioned in this video with all of the technology and social networks that kids use, kids are living in a great world to learn. 

As a future educator I want to make it a goal to incorporate as much technology as I can into my classroom.  Children grow up surrounded by technology and it could be very beneficial to use it in the classroom.  By incorporating things that students are familiar with, school can be much more fun for the students.  When students enjoy learning it is much more effective. 

I do want to use technology in my future classroom.  However, I would make sure that it is monitored.  I only want my students to be exposed to useful and appropriate uses of technology. 


I loved the idea of having a scavenger hunt.  This was a fun, but useful assignment.  I found many helpful tools, which I will be able to use when I am a teacher. 

A social network that I found for teachers and students was edmodo.  I created my own account and it seems very useful.  I would like to incorporate edmodo into my classroom.  It is a way for teachers and students to communicat outside of the classroom.  Teachers can post up assignments and assignment descriptions.  Students can ask questions and submit assignments through edmodo.  

I made my own comic by going to the Make Belief Comix website.  It was fun to play around with.  I think this could be fun for my future students.  Children could get really creative and use their imaginations with this.   

comic strip


Animoto is a video tool that I have never used before.  After looking at it I have seen some very cool features.  It has a spotlight that allows you to spotlight a specific image.  It also is very easy to share and download your videos.  A really helpful feature of Animoto is that it automatically analyzes music and video clips.  Animoto seems like a useful and easy video tool to use.    
  
    
  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily!
    This is how we dream..
    Wasn't it inspiring? It is wonderful to see where we are going technology wise compared to where we have come from. Like you, I do not hardly remember technology in school until high school but even then that only meant research sources online and type and turn in the essay. That is nothing compared to what we have learned in this class. I am beginning to feel privileged to attend USA and especially have this class as a requirement.

    Carly was awesome! She brought writing with multimedia to life.

    Your comic was funny! Good Post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Emily,

    I'm here in lieu of Jacey-Blaire, she's been busy getting her parents new restaurant ready for the grand opening this weekend. Anyway, I think you did a good job covering the basics for this post. It seemed a little watered down and you didn't mention Dr. Miller at all, but overall, this was a nice post. I hope you had a good 4th!

    ReplyDelete